My Blogland Followers

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Dinner/Cleaning

I hope that you have been enjoying all the creative challenges at My Grafico Crafts. The challenge this week is Dinner/Cleaning. This should be an easy one for all of you celebrating Thanksgiving Day this Thursday. Following is the set we were sent to use in our project:

I'll have to admit that this was a challenge for me! I had several ideas and changed my mind at the last moment. My project is pages for a  Smash Journal. I created a SMASH Journal for myself  before I knew that this name existed!! My journal is a small spiral bound notebook that I use to paste clipped treasures and write notes in. I use my journal for recipes that I want to try, household tips, things to remember, inspirational pictures and even E-Mail address...anything and everything. It it a great way to keep little bits of paper from becoming lost. Someone named it: SMASH JOURNAL...how clever! I decided to make one for Christmas for my DD and DDIL.  It can be a scrapbook, of sorts, for "everything important" that year. I had to decide how to bind it economically. I was so lucky to find these small Vera Bradley 3 ring notebooks @ TJ Maxx :). Now I can have fun creating  the designed pages. I love the notebook idea because the pages could be moved around and categorized.   I used plain cardstock to print the digital stamps and accented with stamps, stickers, DP, embellishments and punches. Keep watching for more pages soon!!


Thanks for visiting this blog today. Perhaps I have inspired you to create a Smash Journal.  I welcome comments and suggentions. I learn so much from my Blogland Friends. I will be posting more of my journal pages soon. If you want to keep informed, please feel free to follow this blog. ** We would love for you to participate in our current challenge: Dinner/ Cleaning at My Grafico. When your project is complete, just click HERE to submit.  Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday. May you all be blessed with family and friends to celebrate this special holiday.

I am sharing this journal with:
bearly mine-challenges: My favorite Things
creative craft challenges: Free For All Challenge :)
make it monday: Anything Goes

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for playing the Sassy Cheryl's Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous art journal/smash book Barbara :D If you like this kind of stuff, check out Amy's free classes at Flutterbye She makes all sorts of books. I'm doind an altered book with her at the moment...so much fun:D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of a smash journal, but I do have to say, that I LOVE IT!
    So creative.
    Thanks for playing in the Sassy Cheryl's challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such details and so much to look at. Saw your project on Make it Monday and had to come over and take a closer look.
    TFS
    Paul
    Crafty Blogocks
    DT Member for Catch The Bug

    P.S. Visit my blog to see some candy – I have some Digital Scrapbooking softwear up for grabs, all you have to do is comment on my post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your journal it is fab!

    Thanks for joining us in Sassy Cheryl's challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh this is one gorgeous journal just love the images and the beautiful colors,bless you for playing at creative craft challenge this week hugs cherylxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really brilliant journal Barbara! Thx for linking it up to the Make it Monday party!

    Mary J x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant idea! Thanks for joining us at Bearly Mine, good luck with the Challenge, and hope to see you back for the next one.
    Hugs
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is one terrific journal, what brilliant images, colours and design this is superb thank you for joining our challenge at Bearlymine.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete