My Blogland Followers

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Barbara: The Creative Cowgirls Challenge, Jan. 16,2011

First I want to thank all of you who chose to enter The Creative Cowgirls  First Challenge in 2011. We had over 100 entries.YA HOOOOO.  I hope that you will continue to have fun and enter our bi weekly challenges:)
Now on to our second challenge...  This is a color challenge. Please use the colors TURQUOISE and BLACK or BROWN on your card or paper craft.
Our sponsor for this challenge is : Tellen's Place. They sent us this adorable image to use on our project.




I had fun using my new Spellbinder dies and Cuttlebug embossing plate. I also made the button from a new button die. Then I added  liquid glass to make it shiny and resemble a button.Of course I had to add a little bling here and there. My favorite technique is paper piecing even though it is a little tricky with digital images :) I also am intrigued with layering. I think it just emphasizes the focal point. One of my favorite color combos is turquoise and brown. After I cut out the oval, I swiped the sides with a brown stamp pad. I did the same with the center oval and then distressed the plaid design too. Inside verse says: Everyone deserves to Sparkle...
Recipe:
Image: Tellen's Place
DP: Target
       brown background DP is K&Co.
Embellishments: Spellbinder die, Cuttlebug embossing folder, Martha Stewart glitter, Gelly Roll glitter pen, liquid glass: CTMH
Ribbon: from my stash
Our Sponsor this week is:

  The Winner of our challenge will receive a $10.00 coupon.

The Top 3 entries each receive 1 image of their choice from Tellen's Place.
You can visit their shop HERE.

I hope that you enjoyed visiting my blog and seeing this project. Please feel free to leave a comment and/or follow this blog.
I am entering this card into the following challenges:
bearly mine-challenges: sketch
creative inspirations paint: Bling
one stitch at a time challenge: Something new: Digi image, spellbinders die, cuttlebug embossing folder,       button die

15 comments:

  1. Fabulous and love the colours.
    Thanks for joining us at OSAAT challenge this week.
    Best wishes, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute, love the colors and the design. Thanks for sharing with us at OSAAT.

    Hugs, Marjo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, love the browns and blues together and all that bling. Thank you for sharing it with us at Creative Inspirations Paint.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful card so pretty.Thnaks for joining us at BMD.....

    Hugs
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet card with lovely colours! Thanks for playing with us over at Bearly Mine!
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty card and love your choice of colours. Thank You for joining in at Bearly Mine Challenges x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card Barbara, love your image and your card layout. Thanks for joining us in our first Bearlymine Challenge, good luck. with hugs Shirleyxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fabulous work thanks so much for sharing at OSAAT hugs Rebekah xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card Barbara, love the paper piecing you've done on the image, and the nesie is great with the paper in the centre. Thanks for playing along with us at our first Bearly Mine Challenge.
    hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the colour combo and choice of colours. Thanks for joining us at Bearly Mine. Hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card! Love the sparkle and fab job paper piecing!! Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspiration Paints!

    Kendra

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your color combination, and the layers. Image is so cute. Great card!

    Thanks for your kind comments, very much appreciated.

    Hugs
    Sue Drees

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful creation - thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week
    Hugs,
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great card! I love the colors! :)

    ReplyDelete