My Blogland Followers

Monday, June 11, 2012

Birthday Card

We want to thank everyone who participated in the last Lexi's Creation challenge. We had so many awesome entries. I am glad that I didn't have to choose a winner:) Are you ready for the next challenge? This is an easy one: Birthday~You can make a birthday paper craft for anyone you choose... easy...right?
Here is the card I chose to make using a sentiment from Lexi's store on the inside of this card:
This is quite a simple card, just many layers.
Here is a close up view of the front wreath:
Here is the inside with the sentiment from Lexi's store:

You can see that there are three patterened designer papers:
One is the green print triangle, the pink dotted paper and under the ribbon is a coordinating stripe of pink and green. I layered the ribbon over the striped paper. The wreath was stamped first then I added the pink flowers and the sentiment.  The corner rounder was used on two sides then the edges were distressed in a light green chalk before layering this, also on the pink dotted paper.You will see that some glitter was added on the edges of the green floral paper. Finally, vintage lace and pink rhinestones were added.

Materials Used:
Stamp: Close to My Heart, layering stamp
Inks: CTMH
DP, rhinestones, glitter: Michael's
Ribbon: a gift from a blog buddy
Lace: Vintage

I am so glad that you stopped for a quick visit. I hope that I have inspired you in some small way to be creative. I would love for you to leave a comment and let me know what you are thinking. I really do enjoy reading all the wonderful words from my blogging friends. Please feel free to follow this blog, if you like what you see. 

I have birthday blog candy! Just scroll down a few posts and leave a comment. This will close on June 20, 2012.

I am sharing this card with:
crafts and me challenges: Lace
the paper shelter: Go Dotty
truly scrumptious challenge: Flower Power
willow sketchie challenge: sketch 
pixie dust studio pixie challenge : Three or more patterned papers: pink dot, green floral, green and pink stripe
shellys images blog: Bling
craft punked: Birthday/celebration
all sorts challenge: ice cream colors
drunken stampers: What's your angle
hiding in my craft room: Super Scraps Saturday
robyns fetish challenge blog : Add some lace
ribbon girls : Use ribbon or lace (I used both!)
chalk n stock.blogspot: Use chalk somewhere on the card


20 comments:

  1. Fabulous card love your image and your colour choice. Thanks for joining us at TPS, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Barbara love the papers and colour combo.

    Hugs Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Barbara - Love the different papers you've used on this card and also the way you rounded 2 opposite corners of the square to get an unusual shape ... might try that idea myself! Have a good week.
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful & I love the style & simplicity to your card :)

    Thank you for joining us at Craft Punked..
    Mandy xx
    http://harmony-distressed.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Barbara, thanks for joining our first challenge at Craft Punked and hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Barb, tried to leave a message yesterday but for some reason it would not let me type anything in the comment section, works fine today so who knows:O). Your card is beautiful, love the wreath and the lace, the inside is wonderful too!
    hugs
    glenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card, the sketch looks fantastic, thanks so much for sharing at Willow Sketchie this week and good luck!

    Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  8. fab card barabara, thanks for taking park in craft punked blog challenge. louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a really effective card Barbara.

    Thanks you so much for joining in our Ice Cream Colours theme at Allsorts this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card, Barbara! Thanks for joining our "what's your angle" triangle challenge at Drunken Stampers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card and love the use of chalk! Thanks for playing along with us for our first challenge at Chalk N Stock!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful use of chalk, thanks for playing with us over at Chalk N Stock, so excited to have your talent enter our challenge...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very nice card. Love the simplicity. Thank you for sharing and joining in at HIMCR. Hugs, Velma

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely card!! Thank you for joining Robyn's Fetish Challenge! xx Lilia DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card Barb!! I love the wreath and the colours you used! Just gorgeous!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Drunken Stampers for the "whats your angle" challenge.
    ~~donna~~

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this awesome card, Barbara. You are creative, and have really blended some beautiful elements on this. I enjoyed browsing through your pretty blog, and I wanted to let you know about Word Art Wednesday - a challenge blog where you can share your beautiful art. I would really love it if you chose to stop by and play along.
    Blessings,
    Karen L
    Word Art Wednesday
    www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aivan ihana kortti1 kiitos osallistumisesta The Paper Shelter-haasteeseen tällä viikolla ! Kaunista kesää sinulle :) An

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Barbars, saw this card over at the Pixie Dust Studio and the polka dots just drew me over here, lol. Love polka dots and loved this card! I'm a new follower and off to explore a bit

    ReplyDelete