My Blogland Followers

Monday, June 11, 2012

Graduation Day


 Hello, My Grafico friends.Thank you for participating in our last challenge: Father's Day.  We are now ready for a new challenge: GRADUATION!!
It's  that time of the year for Graduations: college, high school, pre school etc. I have several on my list to make cards for too! The following My Grafico set might make it a little easier for you to complete your cards and/or scrapbook pages.

Challenge #130 is Graduation!
This is a fun set from Cupcake Cutiees 
Our Design Team has some marvelous paper projects to inspire you. Just click Here to check them out. 
This week I just had to try making a scrapbook page for a dear friend. I did have a little guidance but think that it looks just like I imagined it.
In the upper right is the sentiment from the featured set: "Graduation Day." The background paper is from the featured  My Grafico set from last week: 

I could have added more embellishment but I wanted this to be simple so that the picture was the focus element in this page design. Once I had the picture and the background paper, it was so simple to design the page. I just moved the elements around until they were pleasing to me. (I have to admit that I did have some anxiety  but a friend walked me through it. You might just see more scrapbook pages in the near future:)

Materials Used:
My Grafico: Sentiment & background script DP
Michael's: Cardstock, ribbon, polka dot DP, border embellishment
Computer Generated: 2012
Clip Art: Circle with RIT- copied from the RIT website
Jelly roll pen: orange tassel on top graduation hat

I am so glad that you stopped for a visit. I hope that I have inspired you to make a graduation card for someone special and/or a graduation scrapbook page. I hope that you will take a moment and leave a comment, I really do love reading your thoughts. Please feel free to follow this blog, if you like what you see.
I have Birthday Candy!!
Just scroll down and leave a comment. It will be available until June 20, 2012.

I am sharing this paper craft with:
scrap a licioususa: Graduation
moving along with the times: Anything but a card
scrap it with a song: Song: "My Wish" by Rascall Flatts
joyful stamper: Anything Goes

16 comments:

  1. Hi Barbara lovely scrapbook page, the layout and detail are fab.

    Hugs Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful layout I love the orange accents
    Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Barbara! Love the layout and colours! It's a wonderful photo too!
    Thanks for joining us at MAWTT and Good Luck in the Challenge!
    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice layout!
    Thanks for playing along at Scrap it with A Song.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh great LO! Love the color scheme and all your details! Thanks for playing at MAWTT this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very very nice...and then graduation is very important. Thanks for sharing with us to scrap it with a song

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous graduation layout! Love the fonts! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Scrap it with a Song!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome layout! Love the colors! Thanks for playing along at scrap it with a song!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome layout! Love the colors, the orange pops! Thanks for playing along at scrap it with a song!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great page for the grad! I love the pop of orange. Thanks for playing along at Scrap it with a Song!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this bold layout, how it make you focus on the photo straight away!!! Thanks for playing along with Scrapit it with a Song!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this strong bold layout. Thanks for playing along with Scrapit it with a Song!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is gorgeous. I love the black and white with the touch of orange. Thanks so much for singing along with us at Scrap it With A Song.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great graduation page. Thanks for joining us at Scrap it with a Song. Shelley

    ReplyDelete