My Blogland Followers

Monday, June 25, 2012

Lucky Ladybug

I want to thank all of you who participated in my Birthday Blog Candy, especially all my new followers...I am almost at 200!!!!I have met so many blogger friends in the past two years:) Thanks for your words of encouragement and for visiting often. 

We have a great summer fun digi stamp kit to show off to you today.  It's called Summer Cuties stamps by Lil Ellaboudy Design.
Our theme for Challenge #131 is Bright Summer Colors!

So many wonderful choices. It was so difficult to decide! 
I know that a ladybug is a symbol of good luck and I made this shape card for a former student who just moved to a new state for her first career job. I know that she will appreciate receiving mail:)

I used tiny glass beads to add texture to the ladybug's spots.
The sentiment pulls from the bottom.
A close up of the sentiment.

Materials Used:
CS: Michael's
Microbeads: Recollections-Michael's

Thanks for stopping by this week. I hope that I have inspired you to create a summer paper craft. When you have created your Bright Summer Color project, You can click HERE to enter our current challenge. Please feel free to follow this blog and/or leave a comment. (I do read each comment:) I hope that you will find a few minutes, or more, each day to do something that you enjoy. Have a wonderful week.

I am sharing my ladybug card with:
crafts and me challenges: Anything Goes
word art wednesday: Use an encouraging or uplifting sentiment
craft your passion challenges: Things with Wings
fashionista challenge: Winged Things
incy wincy designs: Anything Goes
love to create challenge: Anything Goes
make it monday: Anything Goes
stamp and create blog : Bold and Bright
totally stamp a licious: Red and White and?
cute daisy may: things with wings
dream valley challenges: things with wings

19 comments:

  1. Sweet card Barbara - I'm sure your former student will enjoy it! Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very thoughtful thing to do I am sure she will treasure it!.I think it is amazing that you came up with this ladybug card with just the image to inspire you. I would have been a dead loss to think of anything this clever! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Barbara! This ladybug is so super cute. I love the idea you've shared. Thanks for being a blessing and joining us at Word Art Wednesday in our challenges. I appreciate your participation, and sincerely hope that you will enjoy it and choose to play along each week. It would be a tremendous blessing to us to have you with us, and I hope you enjoy the fellowship of our blog.
    Have a great week!
    Blessings,
    Karen L
    Word Art Wednesday

    P.S. I have blog candy!
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a cute card, I love the sentiment and your textured spots.
    Thank you for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy this week.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful card, wonderful idea. Thanks for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how the message pulls out. Unique. Thanks so much for joining us at Totally Stampalicious this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Barbara, this is one cute card. Love the glass bead idea.
    Great to have you join us at INCY WINCY this week.
    Hope you join us again next time.
    Hugs
    Sheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for joining us at Love to Create with this fab card x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this is awsome. Love the shape and what a cute ladybug too. Thanks for playing at Whoopsi Daisy and Incy Wincy and good luck. Hope to see you back monday for some new challenges. Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute! I have never used those micro beads before but now I'll need to look into them... Stopping by from MIM!
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great design! Very cute idea :)

    Thanks for joining us at Fashionista this challenge,
    Rina Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great way to use that cute little ladybug! The sentiment is just wonderful!!
    Thank you so much for taking the time to link up your talent and creative ideas with us at Make It Monday!
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is really cute! I LOVE how the sentiment pulls down....sweet!!! THANKS for joining us at Love to Create challenge this week!
    Hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awww, how cute! What a great idea for a shaped card - I expect your former student just loves it! Thanks for joining in at Dream Valley Challenges!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a cute shaped card and such a clever idea.Love the added texture from the beads.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week :D
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute shaped card, I really like the little poem inside.

    Followed your link from MIM. I'm 73, 81 & 83 this week. I'd love it if you to stop by and comment on your favourite one.

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a clever and cute card!

    Thanks for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy! Hope to see you next time again!

    I have amazing candy on my challenge blog if you want to enter. HERE. You have until tomorrow at 9 pm GMT+2 to enter :)

    Hugs, Sande xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a cute card idea- I didn't know Ladybirds brought luck!! :)
    Thanks for sharing with us at Dream Valley this fortnight!! :)
    hugs, Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great Idea! - and a cute card!

    Thank you for entering our challenge over at Fashionista Challenge blog
    Good luck in the draw! – Hope to see you back soon again!

    Hugs
    Eva`s Scraproom
    DT Member Fashionista Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete