My Blogland Followers

Monday, June 25, 2012

Splashin Fun


I want to thank all of you who participated in my Birthday Blog Candy, especially all my new followers...I am almost at 200!!!!I have met so many blogger friends in the past two years:) Thanks for your words of encouragement and for visiting often. 



I also want to thank all of you who participated in our Happy Birthday challenge at Lexi's Creations.There were so many beautiful entries. I am glad that I did not have to choose a winner!

Our challenge for the next two weeks will be At the Beach.  I chose to use the image: Splashin Fun Ollie Duck.
This is a lollipop holder!! 
What child,or adult, wouldn't love a lollipop after swimming???
Here is the side view.
Couldn't make just one!!

These lollipop holders were so easy to make and I had fun coloring the delightful images.I honestly don't remember where I got the idea from. I did alter the original. I will try and explain how to make one.
Lollipop Holder
cut a piece of CS 8 1/2 inches long and 2 1/4 inches wide
fold this rectangle in half and score
turn the rectangle horizontal
from the left side, score  at 2 inches
from the right side score at 2 1/2 inches
now fold the CS into a triangle (look at second picture)
You will need to punch a hole on the fold so that the lollipop will poke through
decorate the front with your image or sentiment


I hope that this makes sense to you. If not, please leave me a comment and I will try and help you.


Materials used:
CS: Close To My Heart
Image: Lexi's Creations
Ribbon: Martha Stewart
Colored with Copic Markers
Glossy Accents used on the goggles


Thank you for taking the time to visit. I hope that I have inspired you to make a beach project, perhaps even a lollipop holder.When you have completed your beach inspired paper craft, just click HERE to enter our current challenge. Please feel free to leave a comment (I do read each one:) and/or follow this blog. I hope that you will find some time each day to do something fun and creative. Have a wonderful week. Hope to see you again soon.

I am sharing this lollipop holder with:
belli challenge: Anything but a card
the house that stamps built: Head for the beach
simon says stamps challenge: Anything but a card

artimpressionsstamps: Make us laugh
charisma cardz : summer
dutch dare-card challenges : Summer Fun
make it monday: Anything Goes
tammy scrapin corner: Anything Goes, an artist

21 comments:

  1. What a great gift idea Barbara! Helen x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your thoughtful comment. Hugs

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you for your thoughtful comment. Hugs

      Delete
  3. Hi Barbara this is a fantastic idea, it makes a lollipop special.I just love it.

    Hugs Julie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment..I am trying to think "out of the box!" hugs

      Delete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous inspirational creation, what a great idea for a children's birthday party gift, or even with a different image for Halloween, this idea is so versatile. Thank you for showing us how this can be made, and for being such an inspirational member of my design team over at Lexi's Creations. Your work is amazing.
    Love and hugs
    Susan xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh, thank you for your kind comment and for your encouragement and support. Your images have brought many people to this blog. Hugs

      Delete
  5. Your Lollipop holders are just so darn cute, love how used Ollie Duck, very creative Barbara!
    Hugs
    glenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank for your comment:) Ollie Duck is one of my favorite images. I am sure I will use it often. Hugs

      Delete
  6. This is SO cute, Barbara! I want to make these for birthday party favors in the future. You are so wonderfully creative!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! The image is adorable, thanks for sharing at Tammy's Srapin Corner. I hope to continue admiring your projects on next weeks challenge. Good Luck, Elisa DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous creations :-) These would make lovely halloween treats too ,,, using different images of course :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely and original project. Adorable character. Congratulations !

    Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week.

    Hugs from France.
    Catherine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute!
    Thanks for sharing with us at Charisma this week.
    Good luck.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Love the lollypop idea! Thanks for sharing your summerproject with us at dutch dare card challenges!
    Chantal

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute, fun lollipop holders, such a cute little image. Thanks for linking your project up at Make It Monday this week, Barbara.
    Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning!
    Sandy DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is really gorgeous. I love this image

    Thanks for Entering the Challenge
    At Tammy's Scrapin Corner.
    I hope to see you enter next week!!
    Hugs Owner Tammy Ortiz

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a cute ducky and nice idea for gifting lollipops. Thanks for entering our challenge at Tammy's Scrapin Corner. We hope to see more from you in our challenges.

    Marc ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely idea for kid's party favours!

    Followed your link from MIM. I'm 73, 81 & 83 this week. I'd love it if you to stop by and comment on your favourite one.

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, WOW!!! What an adorable favor idea for a party!!! I must CASE this sometime. Thanks for the great idea and were so glad you joined the DCC at The House That Stamps Built

    ReplyDelete